If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service please let us know at your earliest convenience, as we would very much prefer to have the opportunity to deal with and resolve the issue as soon as possible.
The first thing you should do is contact us on:
Telephone: 01285 640000
Fax: 01285 640214
Horizon Telecom Ltd
Love Lane Industrial Estate
Please can you let us know:
• When and who you spoke to at Horizon Telecom
• Description of the fault or problem
• What actions did they say they would be taking on your behalf?
And when you contact us please can you:
• Ask our Advisor when you can expect your complaint to be answered and resolved .
• Keep copies of all relevant correspondence.
• Check the terms and conditions on our Website to ensure that your complaint is valid.
What we will do for you:
• We will endeavour where technically possible to get the problem resolved within the next 24 to 48 hours.
• We will keep you fully informed on at least a daily basis by your preferred means of communication regarding the progress of the rectification process.
• Where the problem in question is for loss of, or disruption to a service provided by a Third Party supplier such as eg. BT Openreach for telephone lines, a Mobile Network or an ISP for Broadband where we act as Reseller, and are dependant upon the continued operation of the Networks, we will liaise with our Service Provider and do everything in our power to ensure a quick and satisfactory resolution and provide regular on-going update status reports to you. If compensation is sought for serious loss of such service for an unacceptable duration we will seek compensation from them on your behalf in line with their published Terms and Conditions and/or legal obligations.
If you are not happy or satisfied with our initial response:
• Ask to speak to one of our Service Managers .
• Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org where Management will see it immediately.
If your complaint is regarding a Telecommunications issue and you are still not happy:
If you are still not happy with our response then you can take your complaint directly to the Telecoms Ombudsman OTELO using the Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme. OTELO is an independent body and the scheme is free of charge to use.
You can do this by either:
Asking us to promptly issue you with a Deadlock Letter whereby we send a letter or email to OTELO to agree the dispute cannot be resolved and can be handed over to the Ombudsman.
Or if 8 weeks has passed since the complaint was first made you can contact them directly at:
PO Box 730
Telephone 0845 050 1614 or 01925 430 049
Web site: http://www.otelo.org.uk
OFCOM is the regulatory body for the Communications Industry and provides oversight of our service provision within the terms of the Communications Act 2003. They can provide independent advice and guidance and can be contacted at:
2a Southwark Bridge Road
Telephone: 020 7981 3000
Fax: 020 7981 3040
This Code has been approved by OFCOM for the purposes of section 52 of the Communications Act 2003. The Guidelines for producing codes of practice are on Ofcom’s Web site found here.
If your problem is non-Telecoms Related:
In the very unlikely case that you have a non-Telecoms related problem that we are unable to resolve then you can contact the following bodies:
Citizens Advice Myddleton House, 115-123, Pentonville Rd, London, N1 9LZ 020 7833 2181
Trading Standards Click here for a web link